Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Dessert Conversation

When there is even the slightest possibility of ice cream in the immediate future, the FYO becomes obsessed.

When can I have my ice cream? Is it vanilla? I WANTED vanilla!!! Is it vanilla? When can I have it?


Opening the freezer door: I'm just looking at my ice cream.

Taking the pint out of the freezer: I'm just getting it ready.

Then there's last night's plan: I don't want any chocolate sauce on my vanilla ice cream.

WHAAAA? No CHOCOLATE sauce?

No.

Who ARE you?

I'm [FYO's full name].

You simply CANNOT really be a member of this family if you don't want chocolate sauce on your ice cream.


When the time finally arrives, we all sit down with our little sundays, BioMom and I pouring the chocolate sauce over the, unfortunately, low-fat yogurt that we're eating instead of the lovely full-fat vanilla that the FYO is consuming.

OH-KAY. . . I'll TRY the chocolate sauce. . .

WHAAA? A change of mind?

Yeah. . . I'll TRY it, I said!


I pour it over half of her sunday and she tastes. . .

Teasing: Do you SEE now how WRONG you were????

Giggling: TOTALLY. I was TOTALLY WRONG!!!

No comments: