Friday, November 14, 2008

Eight Beuller's Day Off

So Big and I were in the IMAX theater at the zoo today watching the 3D movie on Whales and Dolphins when I get a phone call from Eight's school.

Um. Hello? I whisper.

Hi, [Blogauthor]? This is [school nurse volunteer #42]. [Eight] is saying that she doesn't feel very good.

Um. Yeah. Sorry, I can't talk very loudly, we're at the zoo right now.

She doesn't have a fever and hasn't thrown up or anything, but she says that she is not feeling well.

I'll be right over. Just tell her that it'll be 20 or 30 minutes.


We get there and the first clue I had to Eight's so-called illness was her insolent, "What took you so long?" question upon seeing me scramble through the front doors.

We picked up some chicken noodle soup (which she gobbled down) and I sent them both to bed.

Which lasted all of 25 minutes.

This has been the longest day of my entire life.

She is now dancing through the house, singing, laughing, and begging her brother for a sucker from his Halloween remnants.

It is LITERALLY 4:30.

Sometimes she doesn't even come HOME by then.

Wish me luck tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol! sick enough to come home and dance! lol!

good luck! nothing that a bombay cant fix ...