Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Codependent Reader

So, it turns out that I am a codependent reader.

During Angela's Ashes, I was always STARVING.

I could go on (Cousin wrote an unpublishable sentence here that I had to erase, but you get the idea).

So, upon the recommendation of Cousin's mom, I'm reading Julie & Julia. Contrary to what you might think though, I am NOT interested in eating my way through Mastering the Art of French Cooking. The aspic chapter was enough enough to make me throw up a little in my mouth.

Instead though, I have taken up the author's penchant for vodka gimlets.

And, just like Julia and Eric, to be true, too many vodka gimlets.

2 comments:

Michelle Moy said...

That made ME really thirsty. I might just have to mix me up one of those tonight after the kids are in bed!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious -- I developed a passion for those when I read that book last year. If you haven't yet, go see the movie. It is quite good.
- Liz