Monday, October 17, 2005

32 Weeks And Counting

BioMom is starting to get sick of it. Literally.

Today at the doctor's visit (we're headed there every two weeks now which actually isn't too bad. We love the doctor and we get to have lunch together afterwards, which is a great bonus) we explained that last week BioMom was waking up at 4:30, 5:00 and 5:30 a.m. with excruciating back pain. So excruciating that she was regurgitating in response. Not good. Let me just say that. The doctor explained that she might just be one of those pregnant women who has to wake up for an hour in the middle of the night. Yeah. You know. Get up, get some cereal, watch some television. Whatever. Just get up and move around. At 4:30 a.m. The sweet woman that she is, she expressed concern about my sleep. The doctor offered the solution of sleeping apart.

Now I'm getting sick of this too.

I'd be sick of it if a) she weren't such a cute pregnant woman and b) I weren't so terrified of the baby.

I think we're ready though. We did the Target run. Got the baby shampoo. Well, basically we got everything with the word "baby" on it, or so it seemed. Or so my Visa thought, I should say.

But yeah. I think we're ready. The only thing left, I can't buy until the night before. . . These cheezy books we read include a little "Dad Tip!" for the expecting father. They are normally so basic, they are laughable, but this final one is fantastic. Buy a birthday cake!

Definitely a Dad Tip I'll take! Flourless chocolate anyone?

No comments: