Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Definition of Insanity

Is when you do the same thing over and over, expecting a different result.

BioMom told me that old joke in the wee hours of the morning after Mr. Big had scared the hell out of me.

I heard a few grunts on the monitor and decided to go check on him in his crib.

When I walked in, he had turned himself so that he was lying, sideways, face down.

JHC.

So, he's consistently flipping over, from back to front, but he is, as yet, unable to flip those 23 pounds back.

I turned him back over and straightened him out, only to watch him flip back over like a fish out of water, grunting angrily at the crib's hard mattress in disgust as if to say GET OUT OF MY WAY, WENCH! YOU DISGUST ME!

He repeated this maneuver throughout the night, with me half-sleep worrying in the room next door.

Fortunately, whenever he would flip over, his head is strong enough to move to one side to assure an open airway.

I asked BioMom why he would continually do something that was guaranteed to end in frustration.

Because he can.

No comments: