Monday, August 07, 2006

A Dramatic Reenactment

The SYO comes trotting down the stairs for breakfast after watching a few cartoons.

Do you have a bell?

Um. Yeah! I think I have an old cow bell down in the laundry room.

Can I use it?

Sure. . . What for?

Well, my ankle, well, it sort of hurts when I walk. You know. So, I want the bell so that I can, you know, sit up in bed and. . . . Well, if I need anything. Well, I can ring the bell. . .

Oh. . . So you want the bell so that I will respond to your every need when you ring it?

Yeah. Because my ankle is broken.

But you're walking on it.

Yeah. It is still broken.

Come to think of it, I don't have a bell.


Then, later, while walking up to her room I hear:

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. For each step.



1 comment:

Estelle said...

Oh the children and their injuries. It's amazing the poor chap had the energy to make it through the day and didn't lie down and die from the pain. What a brave soul he is.