Thursday, February 14, 2008

Something Blue

Me.

I've been a bit of a curmudgeon on this very RED day.

I guess it could be worse, to be a blue among the red. I am a bit like the great state of Minnesota that way, so I guess I'm in good company.

Seven woke us up today at 6:30 a.m. (I deduced tonight after noticing how much she had to have read in the two books she is currently plowing her way through, that in order to have read that much and to have been up in our room by that time, she must have gotten up at 5:00a.m.) with this ridiculously bouncy and practically swooning energy about this Hallmark Holiday.

At 6:30a.m.

As I said, I was being a curmudgeon.

How can one not be excited about a fuzzy-feeling holiday. Even Big, by 8:00a.m. was saying "Happy Valentimes Day!" and "Ohhhh! A Valentimes card!!"

I get a little uprooted on these "special occasion" days that require a bit of extra attention in addition to the everyday chores. We woke up to a beautiful blanket of snow, which meant on this Thursday, not skiing or sledding, but shoveling.

I perked up a bit when during my first class today, an all male singing group came in and serenaded two students with some awfully suggestive lyrics to the tune of Pat Benetar's "Heartbreaker" and another, entirely original song that was much too lewd to reprint in any capacity, but hilarious in its context.

No comments: