Wednesday, December 21, 2005

"Vothov"

I had to take the FYO to the pediatrician the other day to check out her eyes.

Although BioMom couldn't see it, I started to notice that one of her eyes was a little slower than the other.

It turns out that she probably sees significantly worse in one eye than the other, and that the problem is easily correctable. But what was interesting was the office visit.

While waiting for the doctor to come in, the FYO and I were playing with the eye chart. I had her cover one eye and read the letters. The first time we did it, I wanted to see how well she could read the bottom line with each eye. So, I moved her to the back of the room, covered one eye, and said:

Can you read the bottom line?

After concentrating for a moment, and then looking confused, she said, Vothov? What does that mean?

No comments: