Friday, December 18, 2009

Last Final, Lots of Papers, Long Break

So I am giving my last final as I write this. We are about 1/5 hours into it and only the hard-core students are left.

All four of them.

I've been in denial about grading for a few days now, putting off the grading I could be doing by rationalizing it in a few ways:

1. I don't have ALL of my finals completed yet. It would be unfair to grade students in that way.

2. I don't have any kids to care for so why not go cross-country skiing instead of grading because I can't really do that when I'm with them (the kids).

The problem with #1 is that I had some pre-final papers etc. to grade that would be nice to have done BEFORE the pile of finals sits on top of them, firm deadline pending.

The problem with #2 is that I can't GRADE with kids around either. And after I get home tonight it is non-stop kidville up until said grading deadline has long passed.

It always gets done but I've somehow forgotten the pain of the end-of-semester grading.

Why didn't I give more multiple choice questions???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, Scantron is your friend!! Always has been...