Saturday, December 04, 2004

August and Everything After

So the other day the Four-Year-Old tells Grandma:

August and I broke up today.

Grandma (uncomfortably in an attempt to be calm-yet-consoling): You did?

Four-Year-Old: But we got back together.

I asked Four-Year-Old later what this meant; breaking up and getting back together. She shrugged it off as if it were nothing. A few minutes later, I'm engrossed in trying to get the dvd player to work (imagine me wedged, frustrated behind the precariously balanced dvd player on top of the tv trying to see if I'm forcing the yellow female into a white male) when she mentions that she and August are getting married.

I stop (the three plugs fall): Marriage?

Four-Year-Old (exasperated and then immediately distracted): We're just talking about it.

No comments: