Saturday, January 01, 2005

Nontrivial Pursuits

BioMom and I had challenged each other to a game of Trivial Pursuit, '90s version. I was attempting to avenge a higher-staked loss of the previous night, and the Four-Year-Old was cuddled up (read: distracted) with The Little Mermaid. But not for long. Naturally, she wanted to be included in the game. So, we hooked her up with the grunge guitar player icon and let her roll. We attempted making up questions that aligned with the categories: Pink = headlines; Yellow = technology/Internet; Brown = movies/t.v.; Orange = trends; Green = real news; and Blue = leisure time.

Orange! What purple television star sings "I love you, you love me"?

Barney!


She was thrilled.

When it was my turn to come up with a question, I wasn't as creative.

What is your cousin, Danny's favorite sport?

Thinking that would be really obvious to her. She got it wrong: Basketball! But then went on to say:

How come everybody has a cousin named Danny?

Damn.

I wanna be as smart as her when I grow up.


No comments: