Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Cherry Parisite

Pregnant women must write all of the pregnancy calendars on the Internet that describe the size of your growing baby and uterus in terms of food items. I can't wait until week 12 when it'll be the size of a pickle and some ice cream!

Week 6: Your baby's length is now about 3 to 5 millimeters -- about the size of a peppercorn!

Week 7: A BB pellet.

Week 8: Your baby is now 10 to 13 millimeters long -- about the size of a cherry. From another book: A pinto bean!

Week 9: Your uterus is about the size of a grapefruit!

Week 10: The baby weighs close to 0.18 ounces and is the size of a small plum.

Week 11: Your baby is about the size of a large lime!

Week 12: No reference, but the size doubled in the past 3 weeks.

Week 13: Its about the size of a peach.

Week 14: Your baby is the size of your fist. [Does that mean its getting smaller?]

Week 15: Softball!


Today BioMom had her usual mid-week parananoia attack. Before I get a bunch of emails berating me for not giving her enough love and support, note that I am just documenting my subjective experience and not judging her. I know that she is jacked up with hormones and I am doing my best to reassure her, or at the very least to point her toward someone who can reassure her. And not the ultrasound machine.

I lost a pound! I'm not feeling any nausea. I was sad yesterday just like I was sad when I had miscarried!!!

Please let the next four weeks pass quickly!

No comments: